MIT (and Wellesley) undergrad students can work for credit, pay, or as volunteers.
You can learn more about policies and deadlines on the UROP website. The Media Lab is one of the largest employers of UROPs at MIT, with approximately 150 students working each semester.
IAP 2023 & 2024 UROP Deadlines:
Students must submit online UROP applications to faculty supervisors for review no later than 11:59pm (EDT) on the deadline dates listed below.
- IAP 2023/2024 pay period: January 8 – February 4, 2024
- IAP UROP Direct Funding: December 5, 2023
- IAP UROP Cross-Registration Deadline Wellesley Students: January 8, 2024
- MAS/ML & Supervisor/Sponsored Research Funding: January 16, 2024
- Credit and Volunteer: January 16, 2024
- To receive credit, students must register with the Registrar's Office.
- Note: Wellesley students must also heed the cross-registration deadline for each term and follow the instructions that apply specifically for cross-registered students. In addition, Wellesley students must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 to access MIT's campus.