MIT (and Wellesley) undergrad students can work for credit, pay, or as volunteers.
You can learn more about policies and deadlines on the UROP website. The Media Lab is one of the largest employers of UROPs at MIT, with approximately 150 students working each semester.
Spring 2023 UROP Deadlines:
Students must submit online UROP applications to faculty supervisors for review no later than 11:59pm (EDT) on the deadline dates listed below.
- Spring 2023 pay period: February 6 – June 4, 2023
- Spring UROP Direct Funding: February 14, 2022
- MAS/ML & Supervisor/Sponsored Research Funding: March 21, 2023
- Credit and Volunteer: March 21, 2023
- To receive credit, students must register with the Registrar's Office.
Note: Graduating seniors must end spring UROPs before Commencement.
Note: Wellesley students must also heed the cross-registration deadline for each term and follow the instructions that apply specifically for cross-registered students. In addition, Wellesley students must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 to access MIT's campus.