Getting here + getting around
The MIT Media Lab is located at 75 Amherst St, Cambridge, MA 02139 (map)
Parking can be tough here! We recommend public transportation to campus or a taxi/rideshare service (such as Uber or Lyft).
Via public transportation
Boston’s public transportation system is the MBTA, known as “the T.”
- Subway: From any terminal at Logan Airport, take the Silver Line bus to South Station. At South Station, change to the Red Line subway to Kendall/MIT (inbound toward Alewife). The ride should take about 30 minutes and is free.
- Bus: The 64, 68, and 85 lines stop near the MIT Welcome Center. The #1 bus stops on Massachusetts Avenue, about a 15-minute walk from the Welcome Center.
- Shuttle: The EZ Ride shuttle runs to and from Boston’s North Station, with stops at Kendall Square and around MIT’s campus (Note: EZRide is not operated by the MBTA; fare is $2 cash per trip).
From Logan Airport
- Taxi or rideshare: Taxi fare from the airport is about $35–$40, and a rideshare service can range from about $20–$35. During non-rush hour, the ride will take about 15 minutes; during rush hour, it may take 30 minutes or more.
- Subway: From any terminal at Logan Airport, take the Silver Line bus to South Station. At South Station, change to the Red Line subway to Kendall/MIT (inbound toward Alewife). The ride should take about 30 minutes.
- South Station, Boston, is the closest train station. South Station is served by the MBTA Red Line, which connects to MIT at the MIT/Kendall stop.
- Bluebikes is the Boston area’s public bike share program. There are several stations around campus for renting or returning a bike. Visitors may purchase an Adventure Pass, which is valid for 24 hours.
- Parking in Cambridge and Boston can be expensive and hard to find. Whenever possible, park where you’re staying and use public transportation or a taxi/rideshare service. If you must drive to the campus, on- and off-street parking is available for a fee, but most public parking is not very close to the center of campus. More parking information is available from Parkopedia.