Future of Wearables and the Upgradeable Human
Hosted by the MIT Media Lab, BP, and IDEO
Join us as we explore the possibilities and applications of technologies for augmenting and upgrading human capability over the next 10+ years.
Live Webcast: Starts at 9:30am, please ask your company liaison for the password
9:00-9:30am | Registration & Breakfast
9:30 - 9:45 | Welcome
9:45 - 10:00 | Rosalind W. Picard, Affective Computing group
10:00 - 10:15 | Dan Gauger, Distinguished Engineer, Bose Corporation
Hear Better: To Feel More, Do More, and Be More
10:15 - 10:30 | Pattie Maes, Fluid Interfaces group
10:30 - 10:45 | break
10:45 - 11:00 | Jay Sales, Director & Co-Founder of The Shop at VSP
11:00 - 11:15 | Andrea Lauer, Artist, Designer, Inventor, MIT Media Lab Director's Fellow
11:15 - 11:30 | Canan Dagdeviren, Conformable Decoders group
11:30 - 12:30pm | Lunch - *live webcast concludes*
12:30 - 1:45 | Breakout session 1: future use cases and problems to solve
1:45 - 2:15 | Session 1 share-back
2:15 - 2:30 | Break
2:30 - 3:45 | Breakout session 2: technologies and solutions
3:45 - 4:15 | Session 2 share-back
4:15 - 5:00 | Wrap-up
5:00 - 6:30 | Reception
- Sensory Augmentation: visual, hearing, haptics, orientation, etc.
- Cognitive Augmentation: access to knowledge, brain function, etc.
- Motor Augmentation: physical strength, speed, accuracy, fitness, endurance, etc.
- Physiological Augmentation: controlling heart, breathing, blood, nerves, etc.
- Environmental Augmentation: interfacing and interacting with tech around you (cars, home, mobile, external sensors, etc.)
This event is for Media Lab members and invited guests only.