Software Architect/Engineer for Indoor IoT Technology
We are working on commercializing cutting-edge MIT technology invented by professor Fadel Adib and the Signal Kinetics group. Our technology uses IoT for indoor 3D mapping with unparalleled precision, and has applications in various industries including retail, warehousing, and manufacturing.
What we are looking for: The Signal Kinetics group is looking to expand our commercialization team with a software engineer to lead end-to-end software system design, development, and architecture including cloud computing, full-stack development, and software system integration. The position will focus on architecting and developing the software stack for the novel indoor mapping technology with the goal of piloting the technology with an industry partner in real-world use-cases as part of our commercialization venture.
Start Date: Any time between Jan. 2022 and July 2022
Duration: The pilot development will last 6-9 month, after which there will be opportunities as part of the founding engineering team.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Architect, design, and develop an end-to-end distributed system for the indoor mapping technology
- Design and develop cloud and back-end systems
- Evaluate and apply distribute split computing principles to optimize processing, increase coverage and throughput
- Design and implement API’s for system integration
- Define system metrics and build a repeatable benchmarking pipeline to gather those metrics
- Develop and/or supervise front-end web and UI
- Help design visualization of the 3D map for the end customer
- Mentor one or more software engineers in developing, prototyping, and evaluation
- Collaborate with industry stakeholders on concrete use cases; communicate results and incorporate feedback
- Collaborate with an interdisciplinary team of researchers and engineer on end-to-end product design, prototyping and evaluation
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or in relevant field;
- PhD in Computer Science, or 3 years + of industry experience in large scale distributed systems
- Strong programming experience in either Python, C/C++, or other relevant languages for software engineering
- Experience with cloud infrastructure
- Experience in system performance measurement, benchmarking, and analysi.
- Ability to work independently, as well as a part of a highly collaborative interdisciplinary team;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Experience in managing and deploying cloud infrastructure
- Experience in Mobile Development (Swift/iOS)
- Experience in 3d mapping and visualization